Thursday, 30 July 2026

FROM 12° TO 24° AND FROM NORWAY TO SWEDEN…

KRISTIANSUND, watch out there’s also KRISTIANSAND. In the neighbourhood of Trondheim on the coast they wanted to link lots of island by train, didn’t work out, so now it’s simply a road,ATLANTERHAVSVEGEN,and some call it the most scenic beautiful coastal road. Well, been there, drive it, even slept on it,,, then I drove on to the TROLLSTIGGEN, which is a hairpin mountainroad of spectacular narrowness. Near impossible with the amount of tourist busses. i saw one camping car having discussions with one of these busses😎. Well I got to the top had a wash in one of the many waterfalls, and decided to spend the night to wake up in a cloud with zero visibility. Luckily it was 06.00 so alone on the road together with some sheep..  Plan was to drive on to GEIRANGER FJORD. Again the most beautiful fjord in Norway. Well they obviously made it impossible to park or spend the night in a camper. So either Hotel or turn around.. So I went the TROLLSTIGGEN down as well, so that counts double, NO? Yes these fjords are beautiful and impossible to get around, and underneath costs money, so unfortunately I have hit the E6 again with all it’s tolls and ended near 500km further east in Sweden with much better weather and straighter roads.




No comments: